Scopus is an abstracts database of 27 million records covering articles from 14,000 peer-reviewed titles from more than 4,000 international publishers with access to abstracts in the scientific, medical, technical and social science arena.
- Significant coverage of scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature
- 14,000 peer-reviewed titles from over 4,000 international publishers including 531 Open Access journals
- 60% of titles are from countries other than the US
- Abstracts go back to 1966
- References go back to 1996
- 81% of content is indexed with controlled vocabularies
- 100% coverage of Medline, including unique Medline journals
Subject Areas covered by Scopus:
- Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Engineering: 4,500 titles
- Life and Health Sciences: 5,900 titles
- Social Sciences, Psychology and Economics: 2,700 titles
- Biological, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences: 2,500 titles
- General Sciences: 50 titles
In addition to abstract and index coverage, users can search the scientific Web directly from the Scopus interface. Scirus, the Web search engine for scientific information, gives users access to over 167 million pages of relevant scientific information on the Web, including author homepages, university sites, corporate information and other resources such as Preprint servers, CogPrints, ArXiv.org, OAI compliant resources, as well as the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=scos-asc1