North Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive
- Coverage Dates: 1850-1922
- Audience: General, student, research
The North Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive provides online access to six newspaper titles published in three north Georgia cities (Dalton, Gainesville, and Rome) from 1850 to 1922. Consisting of over 33,000 newspaper pages, the archive provides historical images that are both full-text searchable and can be browsed by date. The site is compatible with all current browsers and the newspaper page images can be viewed without the use of plug-ins or additional software downloads.
The archive includes the following north Georgia newspaper titles:
- Gainesville News (1902-1922)
- Georgia Cracker (Gainesville) (1894-1902)
- North Georgia Citizen (Dalton) (1868-1921)
- Rome Courier (1850-1855)
- Rome Tri-Weekly Courier (1860-1880)
- Rome Weekly Courier (1860-1878)
The North Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive is a project of the Digital Library of Georgia, as part of the Georgia HomePLACE initiative. The Digital Library of Georgia is a project of Georgia's Virtual Library GALILEO and is based at the University of Georgia. Georgia HomePLACE is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Database Provider: Digital Library of Georgia
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=ngan