West Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive
- Coverage Dates: 1843-1942
- Audience: General, student, research
The West Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive provides online access to newspaper titles published in west Georgia cities from 1843 to 1942. The archive provides historical images that are both full-text searchable and can be browsed by date.
The archive includes the following west Georgia newspaper titles:
- Butler Herald (1876-1942)
- Carroll Free Press (Carrollton) (1883-1922)
- Douglas County Sentinel (Douglasville) (1917-1922)
- LaGrange Herald (1843-1844)
- LaGrange Reporter (1857-1914)
- Paulding/Dallas New Era (1883-1908)
The West Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive is a project of the Digital Library of Georgia as part of the Georgia HomePLACE initiative. The project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Database Provider: Digital Library of Georgia
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=wgnp