Journal Citation Reports (at Web of Knowledge)
- Coverage Dates: Varies by data element
- Update Frequency: Annual
- Audience: Research
Journal Citation Reports ranks peer reviewed journals by how often they have been cited. The database has two components: the Science Edition, covering 5,700 journals; and the Social Sciences Edition, covering 1,700 journals. Over 200 disciplines are included.
To help users best compare journals and discover which are the most significant to them, JCR Web provides these data fields:
- Impact factor -- Provides a way to evaluate or compare a journal's relative importance to others in the same field.
- Immediacy index -- Measures how quickly the average article in a journal is cited, or how often articles published in a journal are cited within the same year.
- Article counts -- The number of articles published in a journal in a particular year.
- Cited half-life -- Benchmarks the age of cited articles.
- Source data -- Provides information on which journals published reviews versus original research articles and how many references each of these published.
Clear cache and cookies -- In your browser's window, search Help to find out how to clear cache (temporary files) and delete stored cookies. Unless these two are cleared, you will see only old reports and not updates.
Tutorials/Search Aids: Education & Training Materials http://www.isinet.com/tutorials/jcrweb/
Access: On campus, research centers and remote. 3 simultaneous users.
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=xjcr-uga1