The Official Index to The Times
- Coverage Dates: 1790 - 1980
- Update Frequency: N/A
- Audience: General, research, student
- Historical Newspapers Online contains four major historical indexes which together provide a resource for those studying British and American life during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Palmer's Index to The Times which covers the period from 1790 to 1905.
- The Official Index to The Times which takes the coverage forward from 1906 to 1980.
- The Historical Index to The New York Times which covers The New York Times from 1851 to September 1922.
- Palmer's Full Text Online which contains Palmer's Index to The Times (1790 - 1905) and currently provides access to the full image of articles from January 9, 1800 to 1870.
Databases that index articles from The Times (London) and The New York Times are:
Full text article images are available in:
Search Tip: Use the "Browse" button next to each search field to find the best search term for your topic.
Access: On campus, research centers and remote
Database provider: Chadwyck-Healey
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=xoit-uga1