Poole's Plus: 19th Century Masterfile
- Coverage Dates: 1786 - 1922
- Update Frequency: New indices are added periodically.
- Audience: Research
- Poole's Plus, also known as 19th Century Masterfile,
(Series I, Periodicals) combines citations from:
- Poole's Index to Periodical Literature, 1802 - 1907
- Stead's Index to Periodicals, 1890 - 1902
- Jones & Chipman's Index to Legal Periodical Literature (1786 - 1922)
- Richardson's Index to Periodical Articles in Religion (1890 - 1899)
- Cumulative Index to a Selected List of Periodicals (1896 - 1899)
The name "Poole's Plus" honors the legacy of the American bibliographer and scholar William Frederick Poole. His Index to Periodical Literature, 1802-1906 (published in 7 volumes, and generally referred to as "Poole's") is more than the first great index to Anglo-American periodicals. Through it, Poole effectively invented periodical indexing.
NOTE: Choose: "Contents"; then "Series I." (Use the browser's BACK button to return to GALILEO.)
Access: On campus, selected research centers via IP and remote
Database provider: Paratext Inc.
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=xpoo-uga1