SciFinder Scholar (Chemical Abstracts)
- Coverage Dates: Chemical Abstracts (CA), 1967- ; Medline, 1958- ; CAS Registry, current; CASREACT, 1958- ; CHEMCATS, current; CHEMLIST, 1979-
- Update Frequency: Ongoing
- Audience: Research
- The Chemical Abstracts database contains documents from journals, patents, conference proceedings, dissertations, technical papers, and books going back to 1967 and covering all fields of chemistry, including physical, analytical, inorganic, applied, macromolecular, organic, and biochemistry.
- The MEDLINE database indexes biomedical literature back to 1958.
- The CAS Registry provides structure diagrams, names, molecular formulas, and more for specific substances, including organic compounds, biosequences, coordination compounds, polymers, alloys, and tabular inorganics.
- The CAS REACT database, indexing journals from 1985 and patents from 1991, provides reaction information from single- and multi-step reactions, displaying hit reactions, structures for reactants, reagents and products, all reaction participants (solvents and catalysts), and reference information.
- CHEMCATS and CHEMLIST provide chemical source and regulatory information from 1979 to the present.
Important: Available to UGA faculty, staff and students only. Commercial (research other than academic) and patentability searches are prohibited. See User Agreement / License for details.
Search TIP: For beginning and advanced tutorials, visit: http://www.cas.org/support/academic/sf/index.html
Access: On and off campus. Five (5) concurrent users.
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=xsfs-uga1