- Coverage Dates: 1998 - Present
- Audience: Researchers
- "Zoological Record (ZR) is the world's oldest continuing database of animal biology. More than 140 years of experience has made ZR a respected resource for:
- information from every field in animal biology
- projects in academic, government, and commercial organizations
- reliable and in-depth information searches
- Covers 5,000 serials, plus many other sources of information including books, reports, and meetings
- 72,000 indexed records added every year 3.4 million records available "
Because ZR's coverage extends back to 1864, it has long acted as the world's unofficial register of animal names. But this is only one aspect, as its scope of coverage represents every area of animal biology, from biodiversity and the environment to taxonomy and veterinary sciences.
Express Link (bookmark): http://www.galileo.usg.edu/express?link=zooo-val1